Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the pet store the other day and i saw that there was a big pack of dried mealworms there, i always get live ones for my Hedgie, but they are such a pain, i don't like to touch them because they really freak me out. And the closest pet store they are kinda expensive at $6-7 for 50 of them, and all of the containers i get, in a few days half of them seem to die and i have to throw out or they change into beetles (Juliet refuses to eat them) i have tried putting them in the fridge and feeding then veggies, but no luck. I usually give Juliet 2 a day as treats when she is out playing with me, and she loves them and gives her the extra fat that her low fat kibble doesn't provide. The Mealworms that i saw were about 10$ and i think they were around a lb of them, but they are dried mealworms for feeding birds? would they be okay for feeding hedgies? or no? and has anyone else tried dried mealworms and their hedgies didn't like them? Thanks for anyone's help!:)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks so much Natashya! The only pet stores around me that have mealworms available, when i get them they just don't seem healthy and good i guess? i got some from a family store that i love about 2 hours away, and they looked a lot better then the local ones... I will probably go drive a bit to a bigger pet store this weekend and see if they have other options. and make sure that they have moisture!:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.