Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the breeder yesterday and picked out little Dr. Gordon Freeman (for anyone who gets the reference- I'm thinking to make him a little fleece crowbar). As soon as I held him he uncurled and started running around, sniffing like crazy and just being cute. When I put him into my lap he laid there very happily. It will be interesting to see what looks/acts like in a few weeks.

He's a split-face pinto (you can see the little brown spot on/beyond his nose) and he's got a big white "U" on his butt. He's about 4 weeks old here, and I guess he decided he would be cuter if he closed his big brown eyes for the picture.

He's coming home sometime within the next 2-5 weeks. :D I'm really excited and he should be too, since I'm going to spoil him!!

·
Registered
508 Posts
oh.....my.....GOSH!!!! he is sooo cute!!! :shock:
i think he NEEDS to come home with ME!! HeeeeHeeee! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Congratulations on him. He is absolutely adorable. You'll have to share more pictures when he comes home. :)

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
He's adorable! (what is with there being so many cute pintos lately? :lol: ) I agree, more pics are definitely an order!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haha thanks guys, his sister looked exactly the same, except she had a nice black mask... but I couldn't say no to his little smudge nose :D

I'll definitely take some pics as soon as he gets home

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here's a picture I took of his sister. You can see some of the pinto markings in this one. The breeder was holding her kind of weirdly to get a good view but... you can't deny the cuteness. And the shavings all in her quills :lol:

·
Registered
117 Posts
*dies from cuteness overload*

i wish i could have held raisin at that age!!! AWWW

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was shocked at how small and cute they were! And of course, for added cuteness, there was a runt who was about the size of a quarter when rolled up. The breeder said that aside from his size, he seemed healthy and was eating okay, but that he just wasn't determined enough to grow :lol: So even though he's a runt hopefully he'll turn out ok! He was probably the cutest, just because of his tiny size.. except for Gordon of course :lol:

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
AWWW I've never seen a hedgehog with an incomplete mask before. Very adorable.

I also wish I could have seen my hedgehog as a baby. I think that I'm too much of a worrier to watch a baby go through quilling. Poor things.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am indeed a Half Life fan :D

I just found out that Gordon will be coming home next week!! I can't wait. I guess this means I have to buy food soon :lol:

Hopefully everything arrives on time! It's actually pretty perfect timing- I'm on vacation all week, so I'll be able to take my mind off of anxiously waiting, and a day or two after I get back.. I pick him up!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts