14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all, he's a sweetheart :D ... ... ok, ok, an evil sweetheart :twisted:

I think his eyes are ruby-red. But they can also look very dark, so I'm not sure. His eyes always look more red in photos.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I'm a little suspicious that he's a late bloomer, that his colour is going to change again. All of the colour markers - with the exception of the nose - suggest Algerian Brown. From what I can see, the eyes are red due to the camera flash.
The nose is the holdout. It's a perfect example of an Algerian Champagne nose - several colours away from Brown and certainly not anything that a Brown should have.
So, either he's one of those late-developing hedgehogs where the adult colouration appears many weeks after it should, or he's an example of an unusual genetic combination that occurs very rarely. (I've seen 3 examples over 15 years)

For now we'll assume he's just taking his time and will quill out into his adult colour at some later date. ;)

Bryan

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the careful responses. I'm going to try to get additional pictures over the weekend. Bryan you have me excited, and you heard it here--if that nose turns brown this week, next week, or next year I'll offer you my collection :shock:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts