Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody,

I have two hedgies and they are so different in how much food they eat. My male who is slightly overweight eats a full 2 tablespoons (measured out cause he's on a diet) of food a night as well as whatever else I give him (cottage cheese, chicken, fruits/veggies etc.) and mealies of course! (3/day) He also drinks a ton of water.

My female on the other hand eats less than 1 tablespoon per day and will never eat anything else I give her except for her mealies. She drinks barely any water at all. She is so small compared to my boy. He weighs around 400++ grams and she weighs around 300 grams. She is very active and runs every night and seems happy, but less than 1 tablespoon of food seems like nothing!

Any thoughts or insight would be appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is SELECT baby foods or certain brand? Or do you mean she will only eat select flavours? Charlotte won't eat Gerber (I am in Canada) or another organic one that I tried. She also won't eat canned cat or dog food. I think she will eat a kibble that is higher in fat though. It just means she needs a diferent mixture than my boy. That's a good idea about the weighing of the food. How often do you weigh Dora? Daily?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.