Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
Re: does anyone know how to produce Double white or Pinto?

I'm pretty sure you have to have the gene to produce it. Pinto is dominant, you can get pinto babies if one parent is pinto and the other is not.

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts

LizardGirl said:
Pinto is dominant, you can get pinto babies if one parent is pinto and the other is not.
I've been telling my pinto girls how it's supposed to work and I'm still waiting for one. :lol:

·
Registered
4 Posts

Great question! I too am curious about how to produce pintos. I have a few pintos in my breeding herd, but don't seem to get very many pinto babies.

I bred a well marked chocolate pinto female of mine (Marcie) to an albino male (Ozwald), which produced one albino baby and two chocolate babies with a few speckles of white (much less white than Marcie). I bred a light brown minimal pinto male (Zelkova) to a Algerian Dark Grey minimal pinto female (Pilar) and got one solid color Algerian Grey baby, one Algerian Grey baby with a large pinto spot on the bum and a blazed face, and one Algerian Dark Grey baby with a few tiny white spots and a half mask. It seems so random!

Any insight for me, color gurus? :)

·
Registered
60 Posts

i would like to know to hihi :D

i would really really love a big pinto with a blazed face :mrgreen:

i have a lot of pinto in my herd some small some big ;)

for now ive bred:

- a big pinto female with a small pinto male and they had two babies with small pinto :D
-2 small pinto and they had 4solid colors babies and 1 big pinto :D

other than that were most solids colors babies ;)

next im trying 2 big pinto will see hihi :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts

Mika said:
You can just spray a little bit of Javex on them and you will have some blazed hedgies!! :D :lol:
Gotta be careful saying things like that as some moron will read it and not realize you are joking and will try it. :shock: :cry:

·
Registered
241 Posts

Nancy said:
Mika said:
You can just spray a little bit of Javex on them and you will have some blazed hedgies!! :D :lol:
Gotta be careful saying things like that as some moron will read it and not realize you are joking and will try it. :shock: :cry:
You really think that people could try it?? :eek:

·
Registered
60 Posts

yes Mika some people would try it for real :shock: :?

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
As with any pattern it's more of a tendacy to have a certain amount of pinto. If a two hedgies have a history of larger markings, their babies are more likely. Smaller spots, smaller spots. Split face, split face.

·
Registered
60 Posts
if one or both parents are pinto and you have other pinto in their lineage you will have more chance to get some :)

like i said on the first page i was gonna try two big pinto to see what gonna come out and i was very please,ok both parents had a lot of pinto in the lineage but i got 3 babies,2 with very big pinto spot and 1 with small pinto spot :D you can see one of those babies on my little picture ;)

So good luck to all of you :D

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
wow how nice,, sadly here in the philippines,, only small spots pinto are available here,, so im thinking if two spotted pinto would increase the size of having more pinto spot on the body

·
Registered
1 Posts
I mixed a Dark Grey Snowflake that had no pinto for at least 5 generations to an Algerial Cinnicot that also had no history of pinto for several years and got, one dark grey snowflake , one dark grey snowflake with two small pinto spots and one dark grey snowflake with a split face mask and two different coloured ears.

Who know's where the pinto came from in that breeding.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Zerobyte that sad for you guys that you dont have the chance to have big pinto :(

Like i said if you breed two pinto yes you will have chance to have small or bigger pinto spot it a guess you have to take and youll see ;)

Planethedgehog wow you were lucky would really like to know to where that came from :p

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
I never had any luck producing pintos and I had a pair with extensive pinto and high white pinto in their lineages. No pintos. My Lucy who is from a pinto carrying father and a no pinto in the lineage mother does have a small pinto spot on both sides.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I paired a small spot pinto with an albino and got Chuzzle, a high pinto. Then I paired him with a snowflake that had a tiny pinto spot and got a small pinto spotted boy but lots of snowflake.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.