Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of making a bag/sack type thing to carry my hedge with me in the summertime. I see them in stores for ferrets and dogs, but I want mine to be custom made.... Does anyone have one and are they worth making? I would love to bring mike with me everywhere i go... Thanks! :)

·
Registered
240 Posts
Yep!

I got mine from hedgehogsbyvickie.com, but if you're good with a sewing machine, you could probably make one just as well... I also believe Nancy here on the forums makes some nice looking bags too. :)

·
Registered
240 Posts
Eva liked her so much, that I ended up having a couple of cup beds custom made with the same material (which I found at Hobby Lobby). :lol: I got them though a lady (username jacistuff) on etsy.com (via the alchemy/custom requests section).

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
I make them. http://www.freewebs.com/thehedgieden/carrierstravelitemsfor.htm

I use them often. I use the small ones for bonding with babies and unsocial rescues/rehomes. The larger ones I use if I'm going through a store that hedgie has to come with me. I always take one or two with me if we are going to pick up a rescue out of town, just in case the vehicle breaks down, hedgie can be put in the bag under my coat.

Between shoulder totes and front packs, I prefer the shoulder totes the best. They can also be used at the front by simply putting the strap around your neck.

I hard sided cat carriers when traveling in the vehicle. They are safest for the hedgehog as they can be buckled in and are readily recognizable by emergency personal. Once at my destination, I transfer the hedgehog to the soft carrier. :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! I went and bought a few more things, like the elastic to close the bag, vinyl for liners, and a shoulder type strap... I am going to build mine tonight so I can start bringing him around with me! Around the house i just carry him, or put him in his little playyard wherever i am at so he can play. And nancy, your bags are nice! Thanks! :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts