Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I am creating a cage for my future hedgehog, but I need help. Does anyone know of a non-toxic paint & stain that I can use? (In a later post I will post a picture of the cage)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just wondering, why do you suggest that I don't use wood? I've already started on the project, so now I'm a little worried. Currently, I'm trying to decide on what wood to use (don't worry, it's not pine or cedar). I'm looking at birch, oak, or maple wood to build the main bulk of it. The paint would only go on the outside of the container due to the fact I'm planning to line the container (walls included) with fleece and even then I wouldn't use a lot of paint. The last thing I want is my hedge to get nibbly in places I was unprepared for and end up having him eat something really bad for him. That's why I'm asking, to be as prepared as humanly possible. Also, what wood would you suggest of the types listed?

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
The issues with wood are it can harbor mites. If you have a mite outbreak you can't get them out of the wood. Also, wood soaks up liquid.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.