Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to decide on a thermometer for my cage set up, but have run across allot of reviews that state most are inaccurate. I would think it would be important for it to have a high degree of accuracy. What thermometer do you use and do you think it is accurate? I would prefer not to spend a ton on my dt but I will do what I must.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
I have two of these (one in each cage):

http://www.petco.com/product/106227/Zoo ... meter.aspx

They work well. If I have them out of the cage in the room both will read almost the same temperature (one might read 67.2, the other 67.8.) I recently bought a fancy kitchen thermometer and put all three thermometers next to each other to see if there would be a big difference and they all gave me almost the same reading again, so I think the ZooMed must be reliable. :)

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I did the same thing as SP when I bought Snarf's CHE system...I used the thermom included on Snarf's odometer, two digital thermometers ($10 & $40 Indoor/Outdoor) and a non-digital (what the heck is a non-digital thermometer called?)

Anyway...they all said the same thing...I'm the same as you: I want to trust it and wouldn't dream of using a cheapo without making sure it was accurate.

And...I am buying another one - I want one with a light so I don't need a flashlight when I obsessively check Snarf's temp 20 times a day... :roll: ...something you may want to consider. The lighted gauge...not being obsessive. :oops:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts