Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I'd really like to make a dig box for my hedgie, but as her cage liner, bed and some other toys will all be made of fleece, I'd like to use something different to give her a bit of variety.

I found these http://www.swelluk.com/aquarium/sub...-1830/swell-burmese-mixed-pebbles-376457.html and was wondering whether they would be okay to use. They look to be big enough, there's no dye or powder and they wouldn't affect the PH levels of an aquarium. Is there anything else I should look out for?

Also, I've seen some people mention taking the dig box out at night. Why is this? Would these stones be safe to leave in over night or is there a risk of smushed feet or broken teeth if she decides they look tasty?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I haven't heard of anyone taking the dig box out at night. I wonder what purpose that serves since my hedgehogs are only active when I'm sleeping.

I think those pebbles look good but there are two things to remember with rocks. They need to be big enough that they can't be swallowed AND small enough that a foot can't get caught in between two of them and get stuck. If those are the same ones I have then you should be fine. They did come with some pretty big rocks but you can just leave those guys out. :mrgreen:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts