Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I was wondering if anyone has seen this before? Sherlock is 7 weeks old this Saturday, and he belongs to a litter of four hoglets. I noticed this decent sized lump and a few bumps on one side of his nose about 3 days ago. Since I was on holiday for a week, I couldn't tell when it appeared. Originally I thought that he might have had a reaction to some olive oil I used for the same place on his nose since he had dry skin. However, after cleansing his nose with an aveeno bath for the past three nights I have noticed no difference. If anything, it's got worse. It makes me wonder whether this could be some sort of tumor? I'm going to make an appointment at the vet I use for him to be checked over, but I wanted to consult here too to see if anyone has had a similar problem. I have also noticed two similar small bumps on his brother's nose. These were the only two hoglets which had olive oil applied. They are both split faces, and the black parts were very dry. Below are some pictures of Sherlock's nose. I apologize for the bad quality, it's very hard to get pictures!

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The fact that they both have similar small bumps, makes me think they both have am infection or had an allergic reaction to the olive oil? The only thing is that Sherlock's is severely worse.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your reply Nikki, I will take them both to get to confirm and get treatment. Your fast reply is accurate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts