Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i finally just got Twiggy to eat live mealworms, i dont think her previous owner gave her anything alive. she only got freeze dried mealworms. so now i am trying to give her live crickets, and i cant seem to get her interested in them. i have taken everything out of the cage, hoping that she could just focus on the live moving insect. i have even put it in her food bowl while she was eating... still nothing not even a sniff.... does anyone else have any tricks? :oops:
i am trying to introduce her to knew things and experiences, and so far she is responding well. she is becoming more of an explorer than a cuddler, she loves food anything, she is not a tough cookie on food :lol: ( well except for the the live insects ).

·
Registered
174 Posts
I would smoosh its head so it can't run away and leave it in her dish, maybe if its not moving she will investigate. I've been trying to get my hedgies to eat dubia roaches and so far, they don't care for them at all. You can feed superworms to adult hedgies but I'd smoosh their heads too, they can bite.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! I didnt think about that. My cat got to the cricket bag before I could try anything else.... poped the bag and squished them:-? Lol
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

1 - 3 of 3 Posts