Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This breaks my heart to write this but I am concerned my baby girl might have wobbly hedgehog syndrome and want as much input as I can get. She has been perfectly normal and fine but she has started to not open her eyes and does stuff around her cage with her eyes closed, she eats with her eyes closed and walks around with them closed as well. She looks a little unstable but not nearly as much as videos I've seen of hedgehogs standing, sometimes she just shakes back and forth when she tries going to the bathroom but I haven't noticed an abundance of her falling over except when she has to itch a weird place on her body. Her not opening her eyes is really concerning me. She opens her eyes when I'm handling her and then her right eye kinda starts twitching and she closes her right eye first then she just closes both of them almost like she doesn't want just one eye open. SHe doesn't seem to be in any pain and has been eating and drinking normally as well as running on her wheel every night. Any insight or recommendations of how I can tell if she has WHS or if this sounds more like she might've scratched her eye/eyelid while itching because she does itch around her face a lot and i don't know how to make her stop itching around her face. Thanks in advance for ABSOLUTE ANY information at all

1 - 2 of 2 Posts