Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So basically I've got a 3.5 year old hedgehog boy named Q (Quillbert). hes my best friend and hes always lived in my room so i have a pretty solid handle on his sleeping/eating/running habits. Over the past few weeks hes been up and running at all hours of the day and night and i thought it might be beacause hes getting old. Thinking more into it today, he was awake when i got up for work at 8am livin his life. I'm thinking now he may be blind or going blind so i did some usual tests, moving my hand at his face without touching him and he didn't flinch at all any of the times. He didn't even flinch when my roommate did it and they have a love hate relationship :p

What are the odds my boy is losing or lost his vision?

·
Administrator
3,725 Posts
Its possible. Hedgehogs can get cataracts or suffer eye trauma that can cause blindness.

I've had a couple now that were either partially blind or fully blind. They typically just continue to behave normally except we'd see them up at odd hours from time to time. And they can be more easily startled if you touch them without announcing that you are near them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts