Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My roommates gave me some cottage cheese that they don't want, and suggested that Beck might like it. I've heard mixed things about cottage cheese. I've read that hedgies are mildly lactose intolerant, but that they can tolerate small amounts of cottage cheese. He's had a few curds in the past, and no apparent adverse reactions, so I don't think he has any serious allergies to dairy, but is even a small amount harmful? When I've given him small amounts before, I've rinsed it off, so that the milky goo is gone and it's just the curds, and I've read some accounts that it's a good low-fat, high protein treat if given only occasionally.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
My boy LOVES cottage cheese. Like silvercat, I only gave about 3-5 curds. And that was also only once in the week. Once he seemed to handle it ok, I gave him some again the following week. But that was it and he hasn't had any since.

It's safe to feed in moderation as a rare treat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.