Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, My name is Irving, my wife's Elizabeth, we are new in the forums and with Hedgies..

This is Cookie, our first Hedgehog, We do no know what sex it is, all we know ... it is 2 yrs old (At least that what they told us), we do not know if its a boy or girl.. we named it Cookie because we believe is neutral (For both sexes)..

We would like to know what kind of hedgie is he/she.. probably a normal hedgie but we dont lose anything for asking, do we?

About Cookie:

We found an ad on CL, someone giving him/her away, if they did no find a new home, they were going to let him/her go into the wild (Something that we believe is wrong) so we happily answer the ad, We receive her/him.. looks in healthy condition (I think o_O).. not sure the weight (Scale no battery) the previous owner (A 14-16 yrs old girl) told us that Cookie (By the way, we chose the name) is 2 yrs old.. and gave us instructions on how to feed her (And after asking here in the forum I realize that wasnt the right way =/). I handle him/her every night for like 30 mins, she is getting use to me =)...I hope I can learn a lot about hedgies with you guys =).. I already read most of the thing I could find in the net =D

·
Registered
332 Posts
Congrats on your new hedgie and Kudos to you for taking him/her in! I can't believe they would just let him go in the wild; that is absolutely horrible!

I believe cookie is a white-bellied hedgehog, but a breeder would know more than I do. I bought my hedgie 6 months ago and this site has really helped me out. The people are wonderful!

Oh I do have a question, I just joined this site myself and can't figure out how to post pictures; how did you do it?

Congrats again and good luck!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Another question, what kind of wood shavings are you using? Most people don't recommend those for hedgies because it is hard on their respiratory system. A lot of people suggest fleece liners instead :)

·
Registered
5,914 Posts
Congrats on the new hog :D and kudos to you for giving him/her a second chance on life :p You may need some better/clear pics for LG to ID the color,I'd guess algerian chocolate.
If your cookie has a belly button he is a boy :lol: if not then a girl ;) .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts