Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, now that I got good pictures of the boys, I just want to double-check my thinking of their colors. Damian and Sebastian were both pet shop boys and Ivan was a rescue. Sebastian is almost 2, Damian is around a year and a half, and Ivan is 3 years old (at least according to the people I got them from).

Thank you!!

[attachment=2:2t6ffkgl]ivanshy2.jpg[/attachment:2t6ffkgl]

[attachment=1:2t6ffkgl]poseseb.jpg[/attachment:2t6ffkgl]

[attachment=0:2t6ffkgl]crawlseb.jpg[/attachment:2t6ffkgl]

Attachments

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's Damian since I exceeded the 3 attachment rule.

[attachment=1:373iswss]damquills.jpg[/attachment:373iswss]

[attachment=0:373iswss]damianface.jpg[/attachment:373iswss]

Attachments

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks D-- I was wondering the most about Damian, seeing as his quills are all yellowyish.

I also thought Sebastian was Algerian for some reason.

I'm not very good at this color thing. I am, however, very good at worm giving :D

·
Registered
754 Posts
Remember, I am not an expert. Some albinos look a little yellowish. If Bryan says I am wrong, I owe him dinner!

·
Registered
543 Posts
Sebastian is Algerian. I would say he looks chocolate except his nose is very dark. If his nose looks black he is a grey if brown he is a chocolate. It looks like his mask has faded with age as they often do. As for Damien : are his quills a uniform color? In the face close up I may be seeing very faint color bands on his quills, or it may just be the lighting. We need the professional photographer to weigh in. Deneen did get Ivan right but even a stopped clock is right twice a day. Don't let her know but she is colorblind and we just humor her so we don't hurt her feelings. So if I am right she owes me dinner and if we are both wrong Bryan will have a lot of free meals coming.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Reaper you're awful (also, when will I be able to see these mystical wheels of yours??).

Damian is yellow lol; I'd have to take a closer look for banding...

Sebastian had a mask at one point in his life, and I believe his nose is a very dark brown. Do noses get darker as they age? Again, I'd have to take a closer look.

I'm glad I don't get in on this free meal wager between you guys... You'd all be eating for free for at least a year :lol:

·
Registered
543 Posts
Please provide us with more pics of Damien. Bryan and I think there may be some color there but it is so hard to see.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sebastian's nose is dark brown, so he is an Algerian Chocolate.

I've looked at Damian in 3 different kinds of light. In one light, I see no bands. Thus, leading me to believe that everything else was just a shadow. So he's an all yellow albino :)

Thanks for the help everyone!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts