Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This Hedgehog was sold to me as a Salt and Pepper and looks like a Salt and Pepper to me but then again im not an expert. I have seen a chocolate in person and this one is much darker and whiter. He is 3months old. Thanks for your help. His name is Bacon by the way.

http://s731.photobucket.com/albums/ww32 ... /Hedgehog/

I cant get it to post pics.. It keeps saying no more than 768 pixels high and the pics are 320X240 I believe... def under 768.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I need more pics to be sure. But he could be a Grey or even Dark Grey. And possibly even a black which is a Salt and Pepper. I don't see an extensive mask so he does appear to be a White-Bellied color pattern which is required to be a Salt and Pepper. Salt and Peppers are extremely rare but you could have one. Try to get some pics in white light from all angles and we can be sure. Regardless of what color he is still lovable and special.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will do Reaper. He is a very odd hedgie as he loves to explore but at the same time cuddle up with me. I will try and get more pics of his face right now for you and post them as soon as I can. I know he is quilling tho because he lost a few quills lastnight with me.

I added more pictures to the album... here is the link again. I hope these are good enough. When he wants to explore its a game of heedgie vs camera LOL. Hedgie wins of course.

http://s731.photobucket.com/albums/ww32 ... /Hedgehog/

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well hes def not a grey... his skin color is either very dark grey or black... its kinda hard LOL. To me and everyone I ask they all say black is his skin color and not grey... it looked grey before his bath tho. So I was thinking dark grey or salt and pepper... hoping for salt and pepper tho because he matches that one to me more so then the dark grey but Im no expert :).

Are my second addition of pics any good or do you still need better?

·
Registered
228 Posts
It's difficult to tell for sure from the photos, but...
Since IMG00077 shows a spot of color on an otherwise black nose, I have to agree on White-Bellied Grey. For S&P, the nose would have to be black-black.

Bryan

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So it is possible for him to have the quills of a S&P/Dark Grey (hard for me to tell) and the nose of a Grey? I can def take more pictures if needed. He is a total mystery to me LOL. But thanks Bryan for the help :). He is still my cute baby hehe.

·
Registered
228 Posts
So it is possible for him to have the quills of a S&P/Dark Grey (hard for me to tell) and the nose of a Grey?
Really, no. The nose, quill mask, etc colors are almost always consistent within a specified hedgehog color. There are rare instances where they are not, but I stress rare. I've seen 4 in 16 years.

For true S&P, the quill banding is distinctly black and white with no brown or rust whatsoever.

Bryan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts