Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got Naiya Tuesday, and I'm surprised by how quickly she's adjusted - she loves being held and cuddling, and doesn't seem grumpy at all, except upon waking. But she loves licking and nibbling at people, and every site I've been to says that's strange. She doesn't do it out of fear; she's always completely relaxed when she does. Any advice on that?

Anyway, I also could use some help on color. The breeder said she was cinnamon but I'm not sure. Her parents were salt and pepper and cinnamon. Her belly and legs have light mottling (she didn't want me to get a picture of it). Most of her quills are banded.

Thanks guys!

Attachments

·
Registered
197 Posts
I do not think at all that she is a Cinnamon, Cinnamons are sooo much lighter. I think she's an Algerian Brown, with a beautiful Badger stripe down her face. :) I know hedgehog colors really good. And I think thats kinda strange that she bites like that, but honestly I think shes quilling, quilling is like a baby with teething... it hurts. Since she's a baby I think that she's biting because she's quilling. If she is not quilling she might just like food/parfume etc on peoples hands, thats why you have to wash your hands before handling them. She is a real cutie btw!! Hope this helped! :) Also, congrats on your new hedgie!! :)

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
The licking and nibbling is totally normal. She's just tasting and getting to know people and her surroundings. One time Piglet licked my boyfriend's face for about 3 minutes straight because he was sweaty. Just make sure you don't have any lotions or anything on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts