Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We were excited to find this little guy in the 2nd litter from our unrelated normal looking pair. All of his 4 siblings appear 'normal' like his parents. Assuming this isn't a spontaneous genetic mutation never seen before, what color would we call our little "Dr Evil" ... we think he's a beauty anyway! Thanks, Adam[attachment=0:ttlh27hz]01(800).jpg[/attachment:ttlh27hz][attachment=1:ttlh27hz]02(1000).jpg[/attachment:ttlh27hz][attachment=2:ttlh27hz]02(close).JPG[/attachment:ttlh27hz]

Attachments

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
7 weeks is still too young to determine color. At nine weeks you can post pics again here, and then we can color ID them for you.

That is a perfectly normal baby, though. His/her color isn't any special mutation.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks LizardGirl ... identical twins huh? I'll ask again in two weeks. Other replies welcome too; I like several opinions. Thanks! Adam[attachment=0:2z5n6512]identical twins2.JPG[/attachment:2z5n6512][attachment=1:2z5n6512]identical twins.JPG[/attachment:2z5n6512]

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Aleshea ... we knew he was something special right away, just not sure what. Most of what I know about recessive genetics comes from breeding snakes, hedgehog colors are pretty new to us. I'm interested to see what happens with his quills, but I don't expect the little guy's nose to turn brown anytime soon :) Adam

1 - 9 of 9 Posts