Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone, I have only had my Otto for a few months so this is our first winter together. I just went to get him from his cage and noticed that he is feeling cold, and when I put him on the ground to walk around he hardly moves and just wobbles. this is the first time he has done this. he isn't eating any mealworms. I'm not sure what happened because last night he was fine and running around. My only thought about it is that because I just got him a new "house" for his cage, maybe that does not keep him warm enough. I have a heating lamp in his cage as well. what should I do?!?!?

·
Registered
402 Posts
He probably is having a hibernation attempt. Wrap him in a blanket and place him against your body for warmth, or you can wrap handwarmers in fleece and place him next to them, or you can place him on a human heating pad set on low. Do you have a light source? Not natural light, like an artificial light from a lamp. What is the temp in the cage? Do you have a thermostat for your heat lamp? If strange behavior continues after you warm him up, take him to the vet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts