Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently messaging with a breeder who has a pregnant Cinnimon Hedgehog, and the father is an Albino. Since she has never bred this mix before she is not sure exactly what the babies will look like.

Has anyone done this mix before? Is albino generally the dominant gene? or is the mothers gene more dominant?

i dont care if the baby is light coloured, but I prefer the baby not to have the red eyes

thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
395 Posts
an albino is a color pattern. An albino hedgehog still contains the color it should have been had it not gone albino. Therefor i believe it is impossible to know what you will get. Even common mixes still throw breeders off, as it is never 100% sure, and light parents can produce dark babies and vice versa.

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
The breeder should have some idea based on the colour of the parents, grandparents etc of both hedgehogs. If there is no albino in the cinnamon's line then none of the babies will be albino.

·
Registered
100 Posts
what if albino+albino but they have both no parents of albino? what would they produce? or it is better to breed it with another pair which is colored?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts