Hedgehog Central banner

christmas toys

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  HedgieIsabella 
#1 ·
ok well i went shopping yesterday and decided to pick Isabella up something, they're colored foil balls, are these ok to play with ?

if not i'll just get her something else. :)

any recommendations?

i was thinking about the small toy mice cats play with but i didn't know if hedgies would like that sort of thing,

i thought hedgies had a thing for shiny objects...

#2 ·
I'm wondering the same thing, what would make good christmas presents for a hedgie? I'm looking for a flying saucer wheel but that wont fit in her stocking haha.

Are the foil balls like the foil wrapping paper? Or are they more like kitchen tin-foil? Is there a picture you could put up? I wouldnt suggest them if they're more metal like or too similar to the kitchen foil. If its too much like that then it can become sharp and could harm hedgies mouth or teeth.
I know the cat toy balls that are more like pom-poms but sparkly work well. Luna doesnt play play with them, but she arranges them in her cage haha Other cat toys I think depends on your hedgie. And catnip doesnt do anything for them. But the furry little mice, I'd think those are safe. I dont see what could be dangerous about those, but get another opinion on that!
Hedgies having a thing for shiny object, I wouldnt disagree with that totally. Luna thiefs our tinsle and runs away with it, so it being shiny would explain a lot :lol:
One thing you might want to be careful about though. Toys with dye in them, like those colored feathers - I dont think the dye is something really safe for them.

There is a dog toy I've considered getting. (for small dogs of course) They're a rubber ball with holes in them that you stuff treats in. Some of them have timers that open up the treat stash periodically but I've only seen those as big dog toys. Pretty much you fill the pockets with goodies and let hedgie go at it. I'm also going to look into those hamster/gunnie pig yogurt drops for treats. You might also want to look into other small pet treats/toys, as well as other exotic pet treats/toys.
Hoped that helped!! Happy hunting!

#3 ·
its much more like foil wrapping paper more so than tin foil,
i was considering a flying saucer wheel, but she hates wheel in general :(

awh, we can't use tinsel because cats eat it :p
but you should definitely upload a video of Luna taking yours :p
it would be too cute for words!

thanks for the help, i'm going toy hunting tomorrow for her :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.