Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I know for sure that I want a hedgehog, I have played with one and held one before and they are just adorable. I live in Illinois and currently have a down payment for a hedgie with Morning Star Hedgehogs but it’s near the end of March and it keeps getting pushed further. I know Morning Star is a very reputable breeder and has many great reviews so I know I couldn’t go wrong with them. I also just found Fairhaven Hedgehoga which is in Illinois as well, and looks like I could get a hedgehog from them sooner. Though they are USDA approved as well and have some good reviews, I don’t know a lot about them and they don’t have as many reviews. I’ve been wanting a hedgehog since this summer and I’m starting to get anxious and restless, I’m trying my best to be patient and really want to get a hedgie from the best breeder I can.

If you guys have any thoughts about this please let me know that would be of great help. Any thoughts of the breeders, if they are both great so it wouldn’t matter or if I should just hold back and wait for Morning Star. I just want to ensure that I get a happy and healthy hedgehog!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got my hedgie from Lisa at Fairhaven. She takes good care of her hogs. Works out of her home, so any meetings take place in her living room. Her hedgies are in a temp controlled room in her basement.

Juliet is awesome, so no complaints here!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Critter Connection, or Millermead Farm's, I found to be a great breeder, too. It's ran by Gail. When you go get your hedgehog that you reserved on her site, she even gives a few lessons and tips. No complaints, however it is in Montpelier, Ohio. But she does do trips around. They call it "On the Road"
http://blog.critterconnection.cc/on-the-road-faq/
I don't know much about it, but I'm sure you can find more information about it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts