Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Last night Charlotte did a strange thing which I have never seen before. She hopped into her litter box and proceeded to roll over on her back and roll about. Litter was flying everywhere! :lol: Her little arms and legs were waving about and she was twisting and turning and causing a ruckus! It looked really cute but is it okay? She's really been coming out of her shell lately and I hope that this is just more of that.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:D That's really cute. I thought only chinchillas did that. Thanks Reaper.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Charlotte was doing her dust bathing again tonight. Is there anything I can give her to do this in other than her litter? She does it in her litter after she uses it to go to the bathroom! I would be worried that the dust used for chins would be drying for her skin but maybe I'm wrong? I would prefer she had something cleaner, but we all know who the boss is!

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
My Smokey used to bath in his litter. Thankfully he loved a clean litterbox and mostly did it as soon as I changed it. We'ed have our evening cuddles and I put him back in the cage and he'ed rush over to his litter box to bath. :lol:

I wouldn't use chin dust. It would dry a hedgehog out and I'd be afraid of it getting in their eyes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts