Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone how has it been going? Things are pretty good for me and mr Twixx right now, he started quilling a few days ago so he is fairly grumpy at night, at least during our socializing time :D, until he is tired of acting tough and lays down to go to sleep.

Right now I cam trying to switch him from his water bottle to a bowl, seeing how so many people on the site swear by it. I am wondering how I should do it, right now I have both in his cage, so he can choose between the two. Should I just remove the water bottle completely and try to let him figure it out himself?

Also, last night he seemed a little more restless than usual, sometimes even like he was spazzing out. No loud noises or bright lights, could he just be uncomfortable from the quilling and agitated like a teething baby ?

Thanks for all the help everyone, take care !

·
Registered
902 Posts
You can measure the water first, before filling the bowl, then measure it again in the morning to ensure he found the dish. (after you remove the water bottle) If a couple of nights go by and he still hasn't touched the water you might want to put the bottle back in. Also check for little specks of food or fur in the water to indicate that he found it.

Hedgies are grumpier during quilling, yes. You an try a bath to soothe him, with the Aveeno oatmeal soap that is recommended on here or just oatmeal in a sock in the water.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts