Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have everything all ready for my hedgie, who'll be here in 19 days, but I had one quick question about the food mix.

I know to keep him on the breeder's food for two weeks, then really gradually introduce one food at a time, but I was wondering about what order I should introduce each food in my mix, and how long I should wait between adding a new one. My mix is as follows:

1. Natural Balance Green Pea and Duck cat food
2. Authority Weight Loss and Hairball Management cat food
3. Blue Spa Select Weight Control cat food

That's a pretty good mix, right? Which one do you guys think I should introduce first? Should I be waiting a full two weeks between adding new foods, or is that just for switching him off of his original food after I get him home?

Thanks! Sorry for so many questions.... :oops:

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
That's a great mix! Personally I don't think it matters which you introduce first, as long as you do them one at a time. I like to take 2 weeks to introduce a new food, starting off offering only a few kibble as treats each night until it's mixed in with the regular food. A few days to a week after that, you can start introducing the next one.

That's just the way I do it, if you think that's going too fast for your little guy adjust as necessary.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts