Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to change Egon's cat food because I originally bought the first bag from the breeder-and I think I paid triple the price for it so I said forget that. I switched to meow mix. Anyone else use this? He is eating it like a champ but I feel like his poop is more firm than the softer poop he had while eating the other brand. Is that a bad thing?

I also noticed the other day that Egon had carefresh bedding stuck in his ____ area =/ lol. I successfully removed it with a q-tip as posted up on the boards before. Is this a common problem with male hedgehogs? Should I worry about an infection now?

:roll:

·
Administrator
8,486 Posts
Meow Mix...as well as pretty much any food you can buy in a grocery store or a department store is crap and not healthy to feed..check out the recommended cat food list pinned in the Nutrition section here for good food to feed.

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
What was the breeder feeding before?

I wouldn't be caught dead feeding an animal Meow Mix. It's pretty much the nutritional equivalent of cardboard - yummy! :shock:

Reaper has a stickied list of appropriate foods in this section. I recommend not feeding the Meow Mix, but a variety of 2-3 good foods.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I equate the cat foods you find in your grocery store to us humans being on a diet of only Doritos. While it might taste good, there is absolutely NO nutritional value to the food at all. Meow Mix, Whiskas, Purina (some, not all), etc etc.. are so over-processed and are frankly just junk. :D

I recommend looking at Reaper's List, as I usually stick with brands like:
Blue Buffalo
Innova
Royal Canin
Wellness
Chicken Soup for the Cat Lover's Soul lite

just to name a few.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts