Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Winter's coming and I've been reading about heat lamps and types, but still at a loss on what is the safe one's. I found this one and I'm horrible with electronics ect... but is this ok and what other parts would I need to make it work? Sorry for sounding so naive on this, but I want to be prepared for winter. Our furnace has known to go off in the middle of the night and if anything happened to Percy, that would be the end of me. Here is the one I think is right. Any help would be so appreciated. Thank you in advance.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/120855575114?ss ... 1423.l2649

·
Premium Member
11,963 Posts
I used the same things as Christemo. I think the lamp and thermostat she posted are the most commonly used ones, as well. You should be able to find the lamps at a Petco or Petsmart, but I'm not sure on the thermostat. I had to order mine online, but I think they might be at Petco. Also, I would suggest getting the CHE bulb in person at a pet store - that way if it's a faulty bulb and quits working or doesn't work at all, you can return it more easily for a different one. It also eliminates the possibility of having it break via shipping and having to wait longer to get a new one.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Just a little add on, depending on the size of your cage...I've found that a 150W bulb with a 10 inch dome is best. It seems to heat the cage quickly and keep it at a very steady temperature (with the thermostat). :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts