Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! Um, I just found this site today and i figured it wouldn't hurt to ask around. I have a Four Toed Hedgehog named Itty Bitty (he's about eighteen months old) and i'm wondering if it's okay to give him a toy that has catnip in it (Its a stuffed sloth). I tried to google it but i got a bunch of different answers on different sites, so i was wondering if anyone here could give me a straight answer. If it matters any, he does seem to like it, but i'm a bit paranoid about his wellbeing.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Catnip is totally safe for hedgehogs. It won’t have the same affect on them as it does in cats; but catnip is still totally safe & a lot of hogs love anointing with it

·
Registered
12 Posts
Oh, I was wondering about that too! So many kinds of cat toys to buy, but most of them have catnip... so it is also something interesting to hedgies :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Catnip is perfectly fine! My hedgie has her own little catnip toy and loves it. It's one of the only toys she'll play with lol!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yeah I stopped buying plushies and toys, because Ragnar seemed completely uninterested in them, but now I will definitely try again :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts