Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question on Iams cat food. I have some and I didn't see it on the recommended foods list... Would it be ok to mix in to Innova cat food? I am planning in feeding my boy the Innova weight management because I have heard it is pretty good.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
11,963 Posts
It's good that you're planning to use Innova! However, personally I wouldn't bother keeping the Iams. I'd find something else to mix with the Innova. Iams is often made out to be a better brand than it actually is - the ingredients are really not great, like Darcy said. I can explain further if you're curious why, or you could check out this website too - http://www.dogfoodproject.com/index.php?page=badingredients

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks so much lilysmommy and Darcy. :)

Will it matter what hight quality cat food I mix in with Innova? I know the recomended list but what one do you like the most out of them?

·
Premium Member
11,963 Posts
I always liked Solid Gold because it has lamb for the main meat (whereas a lot of cat foods usually use poultry). Blue Buffalo has been a popular choice lately because of all the varieties and it's easy to find. It doesn't matter too much what you choose though - everyone has brands they like or something they like or something that's easiest for them to get. One thing that I always included in considering what to put in Lily's mix was the main meat source - I liked to try and have different ones, for variety's sake.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts