Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!! I'm getting a hedgie around June 10th and today I went shopping for some of his stuff. Before I bought this bedding, I had read it was great and very recommended (although the one everyone recommended was Carefresh Shavings Plus or something like that). This is the one I ended up buying, but I feel like now I'm reading really bad things about CareFresh and it's making me concerned. The breeder who's selling me my baby uses a brand sold at Petsmart (National Geographic Comfort Bedding), but if possible I'd rather just go to Petco (or Walmart!) because it's closer than Petsmart. I also prefer paper to Aspen (which sounds pretentious because I have never used either but paper just sounds safer to me after everything I've read).

If anyone has ever used this specific brand and version, I'd like some feedback and opinions?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update: I got my hedgie and I've been using CareFresh Complete. The bag said it was 99% dust-free and I think they were telling the truth. It really just feels like paper and my hedgie hasn't had any problem with it. It's just a pain when the little papers are stuck on him and he gets a little freaked out when I try to take them off. The paper is white, so I can see his poops and pee. Only thing is the bag I bought is probably going to last me 2 weeks including this one. I thought of trying something else for the sake of my wallet, but he LOVES burrowing in this bedding... I think I'll just keep it. :)

·
Registered
120 Posts
We used that exact bedding for almost a year with Pippin--messy! I was always vacuuming up little white fluffs around the house so we finally did fleece. Never looked back at all! The other thing with the carefresh is the newer packages that have the odour stop baking soda left a weird smell in my daughters room.
Fleece all the way!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts