Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this http://www.carecredit.com on the ASPCA website today (On this page http://www.aspca.org/site/PageServer?pagename=media_newsalert112108#1). Apparently you can use it for any medical issue, human or pet, and it's like a credit card where you can make monthly payments. I'm guessing it's United States only, but I'm not sure. Anyone had any experience with this? I mean, it's recommended on the ASPCA site by name but when you look up reviews for it there are many negative replies. From the reviews, it almost seems more worth it just to use a normal credit card to pay for any expenses like that...but the ASPCA site recommended it, so you would think that it would be an okay program. So just out of curiosity, I was wondering if anyone has had experience with it or heard anything about it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I guess you would have to look into the interest rate on the card. If it better than your interest rate on your current credit cards then I would say its worth getting.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I actually HAVE used care credit before i got health insurance on my pets.. I used it for an emergency I had with one of my cats. It was definitely LOW interest.. actually, i got a no interest deal for a certain number of months, so it was same as cash

The only downfall for it is that only certain vets accept it, so if you do get it, call your vet ahead of time to see if they accept it.

·
Registered
475 Posts
The first time I used it was when we had to spend nearly $3000 on emergency surgery for our cat. They usually have promotions you can choose from on the financing. We chose the interest free for 12 months. But.....if you didn't pay it off in 12 months the financing rate was astronomical and it went back to the first day you used the card.

We paid it off and then put the card in our safe deposit box for emergency uses only. Most recently, it has been used at my dentist to help pay for 2 new implants. I was involved in a wreck (not my fault) and the airbags cracked two of my molars. The root canals did not work, so now I'm in the process of having implants. We're using Care Credit to finance it, in hopes that we will settle with the insurance company and then THEY can pay it off.

It can only be used for medical purposes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I too have it and I live in VA. I used it at my dentist and for emergency surgery to save my dog's life. I couldn't have saved her without it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have used care credit also for dental work but most vets around here accept it. You have to have decent credit to be elligible forbit but if hour bill is over $300 I believe you get 0 interest for 18 months! So as long as you fan pay it off in time it is well worth it.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

1 - 6 of 6 Posts