Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I just bought her at a reptile show and I thought she was some kind of paradox albino or something. Any help would be greatly appreciated
thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh yeah I forgot, I know you can't see it in the picture but the places where there is color the skin is kind of a light gray nude color thats why I was guessing algerian apricot since it matches that description best.

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
She looks like a chocolate/other pinto. Sometimes they are referred to as "reverse" pinto though it is not a "real" term in hedgehog color identification. They are becoming more common.

Very cute!

·
Registered
754 Posts
She would be called a Chocolate Pinto under IHA terms. One term used by some is Chocolate Reverse Pinto. Her primary color is Chocolate.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I didn't think a chocolate had red eyes and a pink nose would the pinto part cause that? Sorry to ask so many questions I am just trying to get a better grasp on how to judge the coloring, it isn't nearly as night and day as ball python morphs.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Pinto is a form of partial albinism. Any skin under pinto spots is likewise affected by the pintoism. Therefore, when pinto covers the eyes, the eyes will look like an albino's - pink. When the pinto covers the nose, the nose will be pink as well.

Bryan

·
Registered
508 Posts
GAH! what a adorable hedgehog! so cute!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ok, I want a reverse pinto,
with a non albino portion, covering just ONE eye.
one albino eye
one normal eye
$5000 for it!
That would be the craziest hedgehog in the world!
in another thread, names are being discussed, I believe SPOT would be appropriate.
I would go with Ball...

·
Registered
63 Posts
GoodSmeagol said:
Ok, I want a reverse pinto,
with a non albino portion, covering just ONE eye.
one albino eye
one normal eye
Whoa yeah! Put me in the waiting list too! :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts