Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Why first and foremost. New to hedgies but I've never heard of anyone feeding there hedgie mice....

Stick with cooked chicken or something

·
Registered
69 Posts
greenbeansrabbitry said:
Yes, hedgehogs can eat pinkies. I usually give one as a treat a couple times a month. As for meats, I've gave mine chicken, rabbit, turkey, pork, quail, lamb, duck, goat, and beef. :)
thats crazy, I would of never thought anyone would watch there hedgie eat a live mouse! even if they are little!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
greenbeansrabbitry said:
Yes, hedgehogs can eat pinkies. I usually give one as a treat a couple times a month. As for meats, I've gave mine chicken, rabbit, turkey, pork, quail, lamb, duck, goat, and beef. :)
Great thanks :)

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
I've never done it (yet) but I know pinkies can be a great treat. They're very high in calcium and low in fat (about 5% fat). They also don't have solidified bones yet, so there's no risk of choking problems from that. Fuzzies, on the other hand (over 5 days old) can be very high in fat, around 17% if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You don't feed them live!! They come frozen and you defrost them. Its illegal to live feed QUOTE="abzx10r, post: 141825, member: 21649"]
thats crazy, I would of never thought anyone would watch there hedgie eat a live mouse! even if they are little!
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
12 Posts
They are regularly fed to hedgies in Germany too (as a special treat, not too often). I haven't tried yet though, mainly because I don't know where to buy, but also because my husband said it'd kind of freak him out eheh

1 - 10 of 10 Posts