Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my little girl is currently being treated for mites, my vet told me to not have contact with her for a while but the problem is that she is a troublemaker and every night she do something. Last night she decided that she wanted to destroy the training pad that I use as bedding. Other than a big mess and some cotton balls in her quills I didn't noticed anything until I started to clean up (I was using a garbage bag since I finished the gloves) and I noticed that she had a little bits of cotton on her nose. I didn't even had the time to try to get it off that she went to hide in a corner of the cage and started hissing (I guess the sound of the bag made her upset). So I decided to finish cleaning rapidly so I could leave her alone. At one point I heard her breath really loudly, sounded almost like crying. When I was able to calm her I noticed that the bits of cotton was no more there. After all this she sneezed one time and then started eating. There is a possibility that she inhaled the cotton and that is the reason for the heavy breathing or she was so upset that she started crying? I'm also very concerned because I already underestimated the signs of mites and I don't want to underestimate possible signs again.

Sorry for my poor English, let me know if the story is not clear

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
She also made a similar sound this morning, the only thing that could trigger this, other than the dust from the pads, is that I took away her water bowl to clean it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts