Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you all mount this onto the outside of the cage usually? Mine arrived two days ago, but w/ my crazy schedule this week, I only just put it together at lunch as I had anticipated it to be more involved. I put the whole thing in Spikerina's cage and it seems beautiful, but does take up some floor space. We have the "My First Home XL" cage. I'm just curious if most CWS users mount it to the cage or not???

It's been a week since our girl had a wheel in the care center as I did want the best and most silent wheel out there for her. Do I need to entice her into it or is it something she'll just want to run on tonight?

Thanks,
Dana

·
Premium Member
11,963 Posts
When I first got mine, I tried showing it to Lily, but she was utterly unimpressed. :lol: But the next morning, I found poop around it (it slid right off the wheel!! :D ), so I know she was running. I have a large C&C cage that I made, so I left mine how it is, just on its stand. Good luck with her, I bet she'll love it once she tries it. :)

·
Registered
395 Posts
for easy clean up wrap a piece of paper towel over the base and most of the poop/pee will slide right off onto the paper towel. If i change ti daily vex's wheel only gets super dirty after 5-6 days, and he is a very poopy hog.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice. I will wrap the base and see how it goes. Spikerina's not much of a mess maker. I was prepared for much worse, but then again, maybe I'm just used to my brood of things that remind me, "what goes in, must come out..." Her cage hasn't been too messy and she's been good while on us and playing amongst us. It's been a very nice surprise.

Dana

·
Premium Member
11,963 Posts
Even if you don't wrap the base, the wheel is amazingly easy to clean. The first night, all of the poop/pee rolled right off the wheel onto the base or the liner. The poop was easy to just pick off, didn't leave any marks. I used some disinfectant wipes I have to wipe down the base (covered in pee, mostly) and wipe the wheel down, even though it wasn't dirty. I think there's a bit of trampled poop on it from last night, but if Reaper and the other CWS owners are correct, that'll just wipe off. :D It's SO much nicer than that pesky Comfort wheel, although I'll have to soak that tonight since my temporary rescue hedgehog is using it at the moment.

·
Registered
19 Posts
This may be a bit off-topic, but does anyone have any photos of the CWS? I'm interested in purchasing one, but I'd like to see a few more pictures before I decide to make the final purchase!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Seems to be working out! Thanks for the links - great set-ups, no doubt about that!

Our CWS seems to be working out just fine, even inside the cage. There's room around it and I've seen her on it twice - not running full force, but doing just fine getting in and out of it. So, I think she's going to enjoy it immensely and I'm really glad I did go for the higher end product. It's night and day compared to what was available in the pet stores.

Thanks,
Dana

1 - 9 of 9 Posts