Hedgehog Central banner

1021 - 1029 of 1029 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
thought i'd share wylie's cage with everyone. it's definitly smaller than i'd like... im looking into a C&C cage. might go to target soon. but for now we have a Kaytee guinea pig cage! the guy who i got wylie from really didnt know much about hedgehogs, i was lucky to get such a healthy and friendly lil hog. but he provided us the wrong cage, bad advice, etc. everything i've learned about his care has been from the internet and personal research and i have vastly improved his way of life. for now we have this cage, but we will eventually move to a C&C. any advice is appreciated!

i have two lamps: one for heat which i always leave running with a CHE bulb as recommended by the fine folks on this forum and another with a day bulb on a 12 hour timer. the yellow pineapple house is his dig box typically filled with felt strips (they're in the wash) i hide little pieces of kibble/mealworms in there. he has rubber ducks, ping pong balls, his technicolored frog who has become his BEST friend (carries him everywhere) and a homemade snuggle sack to sleep in! usually i put an igloo over top the sack. i have the AWESOME carolina storm bucket wheel (thanks larry!) it was a recent purchase. my hedgehog does not enjoy wheeling but i think it may be because i had the silent spinner before, he may have just needed a proper wheel. he has a big hedgehog friend, not sure if they're getting along.

bonus shot of wylie wandering around & inspecting his new giant hedgehog friend...

·
Registered
119 Posts
oh and the cage is fleece lined!! joanne fabrics has a crazy good deal right now for 50% off printed fleece so i picked up a bunch of adorable fabric for snuggle sacks, tunnels, and cage liners :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
We just got Chloe just under a month ago, we love her. We had a little 13 x 27 cage that was bought from the pet store. We built this one for her, next step is a loft and a heat lamp for this winter.

I know that this is a pretty old thread, but I am new to Hedgehog Central! I was wondering what the egg carton corner was? I am always looking for new ideas to keep my hedgie entertained!

1021 - 1029 of 1029 Posts