Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those of you who have C&C cages, how solid are they? I'd love to make Sylvie one to give her addtional room. Challenge is she's on my desk in the living room. If I'm having a large group over, I move her cage into the bedroom & close the door so she's not in the commotion (I live in a one bed apt.). She's currently in a sterlite container which is very easy to pick up & move. Can someone comment on the C&C cages?

·
Premium Member
11,963 Posts
I haven't really tried to move mine much, but it'd be relatively easy to move, when it's detached from the storage area underneath. It's a bit big/unwieldy, but not too bad, and it's pretty light for its size. I can just pick it up by the top and haul it around.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
good to know. I have visions of trying to pick it up like & having areas contstantly droop & drop

·
Registered
581 Posts
you could also just transplant her back to her sterlite when you are having company. that way you dont have to move the c&c, just her.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dorasdaddy said:
you could also just transplant her back to her sterlite when you are having company. that way you dont have to move the c&c, just her.
True. But the downfall of living in a one bed apt is not much storage space.

·
Registered
581 Posts
use the sterlite as a place to store her food and other essentials when not being used as a temporary house

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I'll see if I might be able to move it somewhere. Right now her food is in the cubboard in an airtight pet food container & cleaning supplies in the bottom draw of the filing cabinet next to the desk/her current container

·
Registered
581 Posts
i would just hate to see you get rid of a perfectly good temporary cage, sterlites are greatif you need to take your hedgie somewhere with you overnight or if you need someone to pet sit while you are out of town, sick, etc.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll keep weighing the odds, I may not upgrade to the C&C.

Sylvie does have a rocking pet carrier for travelling & overnight. It's a cat carrier that the roof opens up so I can put her wheel in for over night. I wouldn't keep her in it more than a night or two with ample time out for play, but worked great over the winter holidays.

·
Registered
581 Posts
you could use the pet carrier as your temporary shelter for her then. not saying a c&c would be too flimsy to move, just arent made to be portable.

·
Registered
2 Posts
C&C Cages are great upgrades and i find they are very easy to move around, until you get into making them very large lol. once they are bigger than 2X2 panels they do get quite flimsy and are better off being left where they sit. but other than that they are great.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts