Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
We were wrong LG. Bryan showed me our error. The nose is too dark for a chocolate so an Algerian charcoal snowflake.

·
Administrator
8,486 Posts
Congratulations on Buttons, she's gorgeous and lucky to have found a new home. Just one thing i'd like to mention..... in the last pic it looks like you have a grape or raisin in your hand...both grapes and raisins can be toxic to all animals and shouldn't be feed. Good luck with your new girl.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh...the food left behind for her was a large bag of what we beleive is Purina cat chow, grapes, rasins, apples, Kiwi, and what look s like maybe cantalope...
What fruits should I be giving her? HELP....like I said I am 100% new to this! It's my first night with her. She seems to be doing quite well though!

·
Registered
60 Posts
You want to be really careful about anything that can stick to the roof of their mouth, or stuck in their throat. I think thats another reason why you shouldnt feed raisens, they're sticky and chewy.
Luna and I are both dried apple addicts haha but I only give her little little bits at a time as even dried apples can be chewy. Bits of bannanas are suppose to be good though. Kiwi is something I would be careful about too, same with pineapple and oranges. Its great if they like it, but because it can be acidic, too much can make them really sick. I dont think there is anything wrong with cantalope...I wouldnt think hedgies would eat it haha but I guess just cause i wont doesnt mean hedgies wont :roll:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Grapes...every website I have been to lists grapes as an ok fruit?!!!! Ahhhhh, I am so new to this and I am so affraid I will do something wrong! Last night she had fresh apple and rasberries. That is what my sugar gliders got, she ate them with no problem. Oh lord, can someone give me a list of good fruits to give her...
Like I said, she came with a small bag of apples, grapes, cantalope and kiwi. I won't feed the kiwi often since it is acidic, I only give my suggies oranges once every 2 weeks. Just a variety added in! Well thanks for everyones help!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts