Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is chocolate chip a color? IDK. Here's a few pics. Let me know what you think...

flash on:

flash off:

ball o' quills w/flash on:

fleece background:

close-up:

Oh, BTW my little loves name is Mr. Snufflepagus from Sesame Street. I call him Snuffy, Snuffles, or Mister for short. Or pinhead when he stabs me but that doesn't happen too much anymore :D

·
Registered
475 Posts
I could be wrong, as I'm not the expert. But he looks more like a Brown to me. I don't see enough solid white quills to call him a snowflake. It appears the quills are 'white tipped'....giving the snowflake appearance (I have two hedgies this same way). Also, his nose is a solid color and does not have the 'split', that Bryan previously mentioned.

:?: Bryan, you said that when you see the 'split' it is definitely a Chocolate....but is it a requirement....aka: can a Chocolate also have a solid nose?

Still being educated here at HHC!
Pixie

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Most of his quills are white at the base, then a strip of brown, then white tipped. He does have a few solid white quills. When he's calm and his quills are down he looks almost completely white.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Yeah, I think that's probably an algerian chocolate. He doesn't have enough solid white quills to be considered a snowflake, right bryan?

·
Registered
336 Posts
A hedgehog needs at least 30% solid white quills to be considered a snowflake.

It looks to me like your guy does not have the snowflake pattern.

·
Registered
228 Posts
r_k_chic47 said:
Yeah, I think that's probably an algerian chocolate. He doesn't have enough solid white quills to be considered a snowflake, right bryan?
That's right. We are concerned with the number of solid white quills over the back, not the white area on the banded quills. If there are large numbers of solid white quills - basically enough that you can't count them - then it's a snowflake. I'm not seeing enough for Snowflake here.

He looks to be Algerian Chocolate from the photos. :)

Bryan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.