Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I just wanted to introduce myself to the forum! I am a new hedgie owner for 5 days now and I have to say it is going quite well :) My new hedgie, Mimi, is a 6 week old chocolate-colored hedgehog with a pretty good personality already. I've already switched to fleece bedding, she was a bit apprehensive at first, but I think she likes it now.

I believe she is going through her quilling stage, she seems extra grumpy and rolls in to a complete ball when I try to pick her up. Any suggestions for the quilling stages? I want to keep her as comfortable as possible.

Here is Mimi!
[attachment=0:j0yasx14]mimi1.jpg[/attachment:j0yasx14]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
welcome and please keep us posted about Mimi!

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
If you're finding quills on the fleece, then she is quilling. If not, its probably just because she's in a new home. It can take time for them to adjust to a new home, if they were very social and out going from where you got her, she'll get back to that point once she relaxes.

Very cute, my first hog was that color.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Awwww!! Mimi is so adorable! Congrats on your new baby! If she is quilling putting olive oil in her bath water will help moisten her skin to allow the quills to pop through the skin.

Congrats again! :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the helpful information! Yep, I did find quills on the fleece. We had a good session out last night, I think she's feeling less uncomfortable already. I will for sure put up more pictures, but Mimi hides her face when I try to take a picture :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts