Hedgehog Central banner

Bramble's new den

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Bramble 
#1 ·
My husband and I just finished making Bramble's new den. Took us the evening to make.

He has his cave, food and water on one side, and his tunnel and wheel on the other. Soon I'll need to replace his tunnel with a fleece dig box or something, he's getting too big for his tunnel already.

Let the exploring begin! 😊

Sent from my SM-J500F using Tapatalk

See less See more
#6 ·
An update on Bramble's den: he has a double layer of holes drilled in each container, and mesh glued to the top of his lids. I've also now replaced his tunnel which was getting too small for him, with a newly finished dig box.

Reactions: Hammy
#8 ·
Sorry about the late response, I didn't receive a notification for some reason.

Each tub's measurement is as follows (measured at the bottom on the narrowest part):

W: 17" / 43cm
L: 23.5" / 60cm
H: 14" / 36cm

We drilled ventilation holes into the tubs at 6" / 15cm and again at 8" / 20cm from the bottom.

The centre of the lids are cut out and insect mesh hot glued to the top of the lids.

The pipe isn't free standing, I'll add photos below. I'm not sure what this pipe would be called but it has caps on each end (had rubber seals in each cap which we took out), so we cut the correct size holes into the tubs, inserted the pipe between the tubs and then put the caps on on the inside of the tubs which keeps the pipe from coming out of the hole. The pipe has a hole in the centre which we covered to keep Bramble in and other things out. We also duct taped the tubs together just to make sure the tubs don't move apart too much and make the caps pop off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.