Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, (first of all I hope this thread was put into the right section)
I've had my hedgehog Andy for almost a year now, and over the time I've had him I've noticed he's a very messy drinker. Some mornings I'll wake up to see he's tossed everything and the kitchen sink into his water bowl to make it look, and smell utterly repulsive. Because of this I've had to clean out only his water bowl every morning and it's started to get a bit of a hassle. Only today I noticed his poops getting a little dry, and it instantly made me worried.

So now I'm wondering if I could switch him to a bottle. His original breeder used a bowl, so I'm worried the switch may be a little hard on him. I've already found a pretty nice bottle I thought would work well, but I wanted to hear your opinions/advice/etc.

This is the bottle I was thinking of:
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Plastic-Pipe...hes_Feeders_and_Fountains&hash=item1c40d0efb4

·
Registered
353 Posts
Sometimes hedgehogs don't drink as much from a bottle, but will drink more from a bowl. I have also read stories where their teeth get chipped on the bottle, or their tongues getting caught. Also, I read the angle of the bottle is hard on their necks. I know most hedgies adapt well to a switch from bottle to bowl, but I don't know about the other way around. I'm guessing you use loose bedding, which is getting into the bowl.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.