Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I just gave Pippy a foot bath (her poopy boots were very present this morning!) and after I got done and wrapped her in a towel I sat down on my bed with her. She got a sudden burst of energy and started running like crazy on my bed and then I noticed scattered spots of blood on my sheets.
I picked Pip up and noticed that the bottom of her foot was bleeding.
There was no blood in her foot bath so I am very confused where she may have cut her foot at.

Does anyone have any ideas? Also, how do I help heal her foot?

Thanks!

·
Registered
685 Posts
Maybe she had a cut on her foot that scanned over and she somehow scraped it off while she was running on your bed. I've heard of some hedgies cutting their foot from running too much. How much does your hedgie run?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She runs like CRAZY-- all night long from about 12am-6am (taking breaks to eat and poop of course! haha).
That would be a really good possibility of what happened.
Her foot finally stopped bleeding and she is wrapped up in her blanket sleeping on my lap-- I feel so bad for the poor girl I can't stand knowing she is in pain!

·
Registered
685 Posts
Aww hedgies are tough so she probably doesn't mind too much. Keep an eye out for more bleeding. If it bleeds again tomorrow then take her wheel out for a night to let her foot heal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts