• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Raw or cooked is fine

Votes: 1 50.0%
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Very interesting, i read about Reptlinks for the first time. Note that your hedgehog won't benefit much from dried bugs (or are they frozen?). But it's great you've been giving him live insects and soldier fly larvae are the best among them. I don't know the types of food you're feeding, but kibbles formulated for hedgehogs are very rarely really good for them, hence the cat food.

As for rawness - you're right, it's not a black and white topic. Where I am living, raw diets are very popular because people want to provide the most natural nourishment for their hedgehogs, but I am the same like you and I am afraid of bacterial contamination. What matters is the source - if you can find a reputable and trustable manufacturer with high quality standards (maybe even a garantuee), there is very little risk. Feeding a raw diet is said to be good because many valuable ingredients are destroyed by cooking (e. g. vitamins). But well, we humans have survived on boiled/cooked/fried meat and eggs for a long time and it isn't the reason why one would be malnourished. So I'd say there is no harm in boiling it, but it might change the consistency infavourably (it might fall apart or dissolve). Maybe you could call a customer service line to ask about it :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts