Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had Theo for 3 weeks and he's 10 and a half weeks old. Tonight, I had him out in the living room in his play pen and he wheeled by himself for the first time!! :) Shortly after, he had "boy time." This is the first time I've seen him do it, so I'm not entirely sure what "normal" is. It was much bigger than I anticipated, but, from what I've read on here... that's most people's reaction :lol:

I was a little concerned, though, that it was bluish/purplish/brownish at the end. It kinda looked like what I imagine internal bleeding would look like. He seems completely fine, though. It went right back in when he was done. I searched the forum for others with similar concerns. I was only able to find a few posts about it... and wasn't able to find a clear answer. Some people seemed to think it was cause for concern, others said it was normal.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that it's normal, like I said, he's been acting totally normal. But, as a new, first-time hedgie mommy... I'm not willing to take any chances :) I'll call his vet in the morning to see what she says, but I wanted to check here as well.

I'll attach a picture. Please excuse the poop... he was having boy time and pooping at the same time. Apparently he's very manly ;) Poor little guy.. his first picture on the forum and everyone gets to see his penis AND his poop :lol:

Let me know what you think!

Thanks!

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts