Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
368 Posts
Shelbys Mom said:
The skin on some fruit's is toxic to Hedgie's (such as Grapes) so if you peel them then Hedgie's can eat them (in small amounts).

So thats the reason for peeling them. :)
Do NOT give grapes to a hedgehog PERIOD! We do not know what part of the grape is toxic so peeling it isn't going to prevent renal failure.

Blueberry skin is not toxic.

I'm assuming that by toxic you mean cross-reactive fruit skins which cause oral allergic reactions in sensitive individuals. The common cross-reactive fruits are Kiwis, strawberries, apples, pears, cherries, plums, peaches, nectarines, papaya, and pineapples. Unless a hedgehog is known allergic to birch pollen, those fruits shouldn't bother them.
 
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top