Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought that my Hedgie's cuts were all healed up, but every few days her feet keep bleeding. She is currently not allowed on her wheel or to have her hut because she was scratching her feet up (she sleeps in a Hedgie bag now). Even without those, I come home to her running around in her cage making bloody feet print everywhere! Her tail is also scratched up :(
Also, Sometimes she tries to climb her cage and ends up falling, doing back flops.. as well as steps in her water bowl pretty often.
I'm wondering if her running around in her water bowl softens her cuts and makes them open again?
What can I put on her cuts to make them stop bleeding? Ive been putting antibiotic ointment on her paw to help.
Please help! :( I don't want her to bleed anymore!

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
That could be the problem. The slit and grooves in the running tread can cause injury. Also, that wheel can tip over easily and the nuts both front and back are known for loosening off causing the wheel to fall. I'd try for a better completely solid surface bucket or cake walk wheel. :)

·
Registered
5,914 Posts
What kind of cage and bedding are you using?
It would be easier to help if we could see the problem..Could you post a picture of your hedgies sores and cage/home/setup?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you, I will definitely get her a different wheel! :eek:
What do you suggest putting on cuts to make them stop bleeding, when it happens?
She also seems to drag her tail on the ground, scabbing that up...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts