Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My hedgehog is about to give birth either this week or the next (depends on which time 'it' worked out). When she would have become pregnant rightaway, the first day of the first period we put her together with the male hedgehog, she would be a 33 days pregnant by now. Today, I found blood in the cage on the spot where she normally pees. I have a picture but its not a really clear one. Called the vet but she doesn't have a lot of experiences with hedgehogs, since they are not popular pets in the Netherlands. We decided I should call her again tomorrow if the blood keeps showing up. But today, when I got her out of the cage, she was (accidentally) peeing on my coach: when I wanted to clean it, first with toilet paper to check and there was still some blood in there (not plenty, but it was sort or red).
Since my vet hasn't a lot of experience, I ask for your help. What could it be? Is this depended to the pregnancy?

Hope you can help me out.
Sanne

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,963 Posts
Sometimes it can take a little bit for breeding-related questions to be answered, especially ones like this that need an experienced breeder's response. Normally blood in the pee would definitely be a concern needing a vet visit, but I don't know about this situation, when you factor in the pregnancy. Hopefully Nancy or Nikki or another breeder will see your post soon. You could also contact a reputable breeder in your country or nearby.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok She gave birth yesterday so I'll leave her alone for a while. Guess that it was part of the pregnancy. Thanks for your help!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts