Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently feeding Nutrience Adult Light cat food to Basil (his first "proper" food, he'd been on the hedgehog mix junk previously) and I have to say it is super smelly. Really really smelly. I know cat food smells like cat food but this stuff is nasty. Can anyone reccomend a low fat nutritious cat food that doesn't stink up your whole main floor of your house when you feed it?

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
I haven't found any of what I've been feeding to be overly smelly. And that's Wellness weight control, Natural Balance Green pea and duck, solid gold, and Blue spa select weight control. And I'm actually the type to put my nose right up to whatever I'm feeding my animals and smell it :lol: Though what I find to be ok, you might find smelly if you have a sensitive nose.

·
Registered
141 Posts
You could try the Natural Balance Green Pea & Duck. Most hedgies love it (except for mine, of course lol), and it doesn't smell terrible... it actually smells like vegetables, probably because the main ingredient is peas lol. I'm sensitive to pet food smells, too, so I know where you're coming from. I used to gag when I had to feed my neighbor's cats wet food out of a can lol.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Heh, Nutrience Light is already at min 15% fat.... Not very "light" lol

Blue Spa Select(blue buffalo) weight control is a good food to feed. I'm currently switching my boy over to that, and it's at 9% fat. It's one of the better brands, and readily available at petsmart.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sweet! thanks for the info. I hope the low fat and close to high fat can balance each other out.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm definately going to pick up some Blue Buffalo light, the one with 9% fat. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts